Friday 28 February 2014

REFLECTIONS ON MY LEARNING

It has been a challenging but rewarding journey and i have learned so much.
I have emerged a professional in my field.

Three profound learnings



   (1)         Many things we need can wait. The child cannot. Now is the time his bones are being made, his mind is being developed; to him, we cannot say tomorrow, his name is today”_ Gabriella Mistral. Child poet, educator and Nobel Laureate Institute of medicine, 2004 (Laureate education, 2011).  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VNNsN9IJkws



I have learned that the early childhood stage is not a time to be toyed with but an opportunity to harness and invest in children. Nit only the children gain from this, families, communities, nations and the entire global village can only get better if we make the most of this window.

 
(2) I have learned that those who are the teachers and carers of these children need to be knowledgeable about handling them, otherwise, like abuse being inevitable in a product when the knowledge about usability is the issue, so would the experience of these children be. And at the end, we all have life not being the best it could be for us.


(3), "The greatest genius will never be worth much if he pretends to draw exclusively from his own resources"

-- Johann von Goethe


https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEid0xpLk5dluUtJ-fvaWZiAtolacGAh_yx_84Mz5A4OF53eiVhWTtIBaghl-HsV5njPzb0gcIhBrJDSq0nOjAWgL-UcOaCUnRL0YUZuIjLsTSVmaYtCOhZk41yGo0R1Qdjmemn6K6Mx2kE/s259/images2.jpg
I am going with the understanding that working with children for best results is the a product of COLLABORATION. We all are needed. We must as professionals must cultivate the interpersonal skills required to foster these relationships.


Short and Long Term Goals

My goal developed as I leave this program is to utilize in both small leaps and big leaps the knowledge I have gained. I am saddled with the responsibility of developing professionals because this is scarce in my locale. I hope to see the field of Early Childhood (EC) gain its own voice and be expressed through passionate professionals, organizations of Early childhood and Associations of EC. My lifetime will not only witness this, I hope to begin a mobilization immediately through social media. In ten years, I hope to see the field as having an identity to be reckoned with and growing. Personally, I hope to obtain my doctorate degree in Early childhood to achieve greater influence.

Farewell

My community of learners. Its been wonderful meeting you all. All my most wonderful instructors, I say thank you for helping me find my own voice, because I have found it and will use it.







resources: http://developingchild.harvard.edu/resources/reports_and_working_papers/working_papers/wp10/


Laureate Education, Inc. (Executive producer). (2011). EDUC 6990-3: Practical Application in    the Early Childhood Field [Webcast]..Merging Vision, Passion, and Practice. Baltimore,      MD: Author.


 

3 comments:

  1. Praise,
    Your passion and leadership will be one to reckon with, best of luck to you in your goal to achieve your Doctorate in EC. Thank you for inspiring me throughout this program and call on me should you find I can be of guidance. The children of your area of very lucky to have you championing on their behalf.
    Aloha,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Praise

    From reading your posts of discussion and blog, I can see that you a lady that is committed and passion in doing the early childhood work. Young children and their families need such a leadership like you to advocate for them and enhance their well being. May God bless you with strength and motivation as you venture in the work for children and families. And thank you for your support and encouragement in the past. Wong

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful picture Praise. Thanks for every word of repsonse and encouragement.

    ReplyDelete