Friday 18 May 2012

PRAISE'S PERSONAL CHILDHOOD WEB.




Meet Mum
Meet Dad.



I am in the center of this care web.
3 Generations. Mom, Me and my treasured Princess

Aunt Esther.









This page is specially dedicated to all who have contributed to making my childhood beautiful, thereby creating a balanced healthy adult. They actually are innumerable but I will want to concentrate on the top five which include:

Sweet Mama: She nurtured  me from the womb with proper nourishment to grow my body and my mind. She was always there for me in times of any difficult circumstance. I always remember once I was so ill and too fragile to hold my head up, mum would do anything to make me regain my health. While I stayed up all night unable to sleep, mum was unable to sleep. She said- " I love you so much I can't bear to see you this way"
.
Mum was a disciplinarian and she taught us(me) values of diligence, responsibility, respect, Love, and especially to seek peace. She did not buy us ice cream and sweets, she rather cooked healthy meals for us. 
I like that I could walk up to her and tell her about anything, in spite of how disciplined she was, she was able to balance and still gain our confidence. I grew up a confident amiable young lady because of her BOUNDARIES.


Dad: I would choose my dad all over again, if given the opportunity.  We were his treasure. Dad unlike mum was literate so he was involved and responsible for everything, school . Dad took me to parks, museum and zoo. He traveled with me to states in the country.

Dad was and still is a socialite and any child wants to be around him because he made you feel amazing.  He also had his side of discipline. The exposure dad opened me to gave me the impetus to venture into inter-tribal marriage which some people find difficult/impossible. I had Dad's support.

Aunty Esther Ben Enoch was very instrumental to the me that now is. I used to go to her house during the holidays and each time she is teaching me one thing or the other. She taught me cooking, home keeping, personal hygiene and personal fitness. Today, all of these characteristics are in my day to day life and very handy.

Subulade gave me a call this morning, we have been friends and neighbors since childhood. We attended separate schools but met everyday back at home. she inspired me to be polished as she went to a private school while I attended a public school. She made me feel special because she told everyone I was her best friend. She was also a very bright student and I am still very proud of her. I still have a friend in her today.

Lastly on this page is my near twin brother, Gboyega. He has been a very close confidant. I love him so very much. We have been everywhere together because of the close range of our birth. I remember when I was a fresh man undergraduate, he treated me like the most important thing on earth. He was very protective of me. I am unhappy I am unable to get a picture of him. The memory always gives me good feelings.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed looking at your pictures and reading about your friends and family. It sound like you had a wonderful childhood. It is truly wonderful to have a loving and supportive family.

    ReplyDelete